Follow This Blog

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Reasonable but Delicious Sushi@Sushi-Dokoro Sushimoto in Monbetsu

I'm in Monbetsu, a port town along the Okhotsk Sea.

I should try delicious seafood, especially sushi!! I went to a sushi restaurant, "Sushimoto (鮨元)" in the downtown.

I prefer seating at a counter seat so that I can enjoy chatting with a sushi master! Actually he is very friendly and we talked about local news such as flower information around here. He added that he cooks sushi with local ingredients. Sounds perfect to me!

I ordered a "supreme sushi set (特上)". I was wondering what kind of sushi the chef would serve me..........

First, they served this miso soup with local shrimp! I love it!

The master cooks two pieces of sushi each time very rhythmically.

■Queen crab & Botanebi prawn
Botanebi is a very local prawn and it was very BIG!

■Salmon and Ohyo flatfish
Ohyo is a kind of flatfish which is available only in the northern part of Japan! It is not very fatty, but very rich!

■Tuna and squid
I love this squid caught just in front of this restaurant. It's very fresh!

■Sea urchin and salmon roe
The urchin was naturally very sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Should I order one more piece???

■Raw queen crab and Sakhalin surf clam
I like raw crab better than boiled one because it has richer taste. It was very fresh. That's why they can serve crab raw!!

The Sakhalin surf clam is also a very local clam. When you come to Hokkaido, please try it! I really recommend it!

Do you have any idea how much the supreme sushi set is? It is only 2,200 yen!!!!! It's very reasonable!!! If you eat the same set in Sapporo, it is, I guess, much more expensive ! I love Monbetsu! I could order another set :)

I really enjoyed sushi here in "Sushi-Dokoro Sushimoto"!

■Where is "Sushi-Dokoro Sushimoto"?

View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!