Follow This Blog

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Cherry Blossoms@Okhotsk Forest Park & Fried rice with Crab Meat@Mary-san-no-Ki in Monbetsu

When I come to Monbetsu for business, I usually stay at Monbetsu Central Hotel, which has many unique services such as free-rental-bicycle service! I've decided to go to my favorite cafe by bicycle this time!

First, I went along the coastal line, feeling the sea breeze!!!

Monbetsu is famous for seafood such as crab! That's why there are a lot of crab restaurants in this city.
 

 Go up to a long uphill near the hotel, and you will find "Okhotsk Forest Park" on the way to the cafe.

Cherry blossoms here were in full bloom at the end of May, which is about 2 month later than the flower season in Tokyo.! See!! They are very beautiful!!


Go up to the same street further, you will find a tower at the top of Mt. Daisen! From the observatory, you will see a beautiful landscape of Monbetsu city!

Turn right when you find the Okhotsk Sky Tower and go straight! You will find this restaurant, "Mary-san-no-Ki" on your left.

This restaurant is very famous among local people here. Fried rice with a loooooooooooooooooot of crab meat is No.1 popular item on the menu.! Of course I ordered it!

First, they served salad and soup.

Here comes the fried rice. Look at the crab meat! They use local crab. I'm soooooooooooo happy to be here!

First bite!

Second bite!

Third bite!

See!!! There are a lot of crab meat! If you pay additional 300 yen, you will have a bigger portion of fried rice with crab!

I really recommend this crab rice!


■Where is Mary-san-no-Ki?

View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!