Follow This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Egg House (たまごの家)| Egg Vending Machines in Yumi

There are a lot of kinds of vending machines in the world; drinks, tobacco, ice cream and so on. But have you ever heard or seen EGG vending machines in your community?

When I found it, I was soooooooooooo surprised!!! This "Egg House" is in Yuni, which is 1.5 hrs away from Sapporo and

blessed with the nature!

A local poultry husbandman runs these vending machines and always keeps the fresh free-range-eggs in the dispensers!!

Let's enter the "house"!
There are several kinds of eggs or egg products there!

■Egg soup (light): You can buy soup, too!!
■Eggs with double yolk (middle and right): I'm really interested in double yolk.! When you make sunny-side up with this egg, it should be very cute!


■Hot spring eggs (Eggs boiled in hot spring) with its special soup (left): Have you heard that hot spring eggs can be bought from a machine? I cannot believe it!
■White Free-range-eggs (middle): Sounds very delicious! 
■Brown eggs (right): These have a lot of minerals!

■Jumbo eggs: They are bigger than I thought! I guess they are twice bigger than usual small eggs!

If you need some coins to buy eggs, plz use this change machine in the Egg House! Perfect!

Small eggs (left and middle): A bag has 30 eggs at the cost of 300 yen!
Smoked eggs (right):Wow! I want to buy them, because

they are GOLD!!!

Why GOLD????

They look unnecessarily beautiful and nice :-)
I like the name of the eggs: Golden Egg!!!!

It's shiny :-)

When you peel the eggshell, it becomes a normal smoked egg (of course).

I cut the egg and ate it with beer :-)

We really enjoyed the egg vending machines and Golden Eggs!

■Where is Egg House?
It opens 24 hrs a day.

View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!