Follow This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Egg House (たまごの家)| Egg Vending Machines in Yumi

There are a lot of kinds of vending machines in the world; drinks, tobacco, ice cream and so on. But have you ever heard or seen EGG vending machines in your community?

When I found it, I was soooooooooooo surprised!!! This "Egg House" is in Yuni, which is 1.5 hrs away from Sapporo and

blessed with the nature!

A local poultry husbandman runs these vending machines and always keeps the fresh free-range-eggs in the dispensers!!

Let's enter the "house"!
There are several kinds of eggs or egg products there!

■Egg soup (light): You can buy soup, too!!
■Eggs with double yolk (middle and right): I'm really interested in double yolk.! When you make sunny-side up with this egg, it should be very cute!


■Hot spring eggs (Eggs boiled in hot spring) with its special soup (left): Have you heard that hot spring eggs can be bought from a machine? I cannot believe it!
■White Free-range-eggs (middle): Sounds very delicious! 
■Brown eggs (right): These have a lot of minerals!

■Jumbo eggs: They are bigger than I thought! I guess they are twice bigger than usual small eggs!

If you need some coins to buy eggs, plz use this change machine in the Egg House! Perfect!

■Small eggs (left and middle): A bag has 30 eggs at the cost of 300 yen!
■Smoked eggs (right):Wow! I want to buy them, because

they are GOLD!!!

Why GOLD????

They look unnecessarily beautiful and nice :-)
I like the name of the eggs: Golden Egg!!!!

It's shiny :-)

When you peel the eggshell, it becomes a normal smoked egg (of course).

I cut the egg and ate it with beer :-)

We really enjoyed the egg vending machines and Golden Eggs!

■Where is Egg House?
It opens 24 hrs a day.

View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!