Follow This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Rausu Daiichi Hotel (らうす第一ホテル)② | Hot Spring Inn | Shiretoko

I've been back to Rausu town in the Shiretoko peninsula, which is in Shiretoko national park as well as a world natural heritage site!

When I come to this town, I always use this hot spring inn!

This time, I use this Japanese-Western style room. It has tatami floor with a bed! I love this concept!

You know what!? I'll give you great information to you!! The hotel says the Internet is available only in the lobby area, but I tried to use it at the room and it's connected!!! Wow! Wow! Wow! We don't have to go to the public space to use a computer! Is this a big discovery, isn't it???

It's dinner time!!!
One of the main dishes is venison (Shika deer) stew!!! It's very tender and fantastic! 

It's grilled Atka mackerel with sweet miso sauce! This dish is a typical local dish in Hokkaido! 

We ate vinegared salmon jaw and boiled queen crab, too! Yummy x 2!!

The menu was almost the same as the one when I stayed here this summer. If you want to see the all dishes for dinner, please refer to my previous post→click here!


Rausu reminds us of its great hot spring! The hotel has several kinds of hot spring. For example this is hot spring for feet only. Very comfortable and recommendable, but it is closed in the winter time (from Dec.)

Let's enter the main hot spring area!

This is an inner hot spring area. The water contains a lot of minerals such as soda and sodium.......... that makes your skin more beautiful and you yourself relax!

 This is an outdoor hot spring!

The water is gushing out of the ground!!! We feel very excited!

As I didn't write about the breakfast in my previous post, I'll show you the dishes in this post!

■Grilled Pacific saury
This is the best season to eat Pacific saury in Hokkaido! It is appropriately fatty and very juicy! I love it!!

■Salted squid guts
This is home-made delicacy! It really suits with plain rice!

Other dishes are squid salad (left) and Japanese-style rolled omelet (right), which is a typical dish for breakfast in Japan!

Please put cod roe (right) on hot rice and roll them together with laver seaweed (left)! Yummy x 2!!!

The seasoned vegetables and ganmo (fried tofu) are very delicious. Don't forget miso soup! This is a must for Japanese dish!

We all had a wonderful time this time, too. 

■Hotel information■
*General information (my previous post)→click here!
*Where is "Rausu Daiichi Hotel (らうす第一ホテル)"?

View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!