Follow This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

Hotel Shiretoko (ホテル知床)| Hot Spring Hotel | Syari (Shiretoko)

When you come to Syari town, Shiretoko, I recommend to stay at a hotel with hot spring. Today I'll show you one of them.

This is "Hotel Shiretoko"↓

Going through the lobby,

I checked my room, first↓
Immediately after putting my baggage here, I went to the grand bath area (hot spring)! I love natural spa!!

Let's enter it!

Utoro hot spring is blessed with a lot of minerals such as sodium, chloride, hydrogen carbonate and so on, which can relieve the symptoms of muscle ache, poor circulation, and so on.

This is an inner hot spring. How lucky I am to dominate such rich hot spring!!!

This is one of the outdoor hot springs↓ We can enjoy sunset from this area!!

Again, I'm alone!!! This is my hot spring! Hahaha!!!

Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm impressed with the gushing hot spring!!!

This hotel is on the higher ground and I really recommend to see a beautiful sunset from the terrace! First, please check the sunset time at the lobby↓

Then go to the deck in the hotel compound!

The color of the sky is changing to

the beautiful contrast like this↓

This is my best shot↓ It's very beautiful, isn't it???

After enjoying the sunset, we ate dinner.
You can choose the table seat or horigotatsu saet↓
(*Horigotatsu: low, covered table placed over a hole in the floor of a Japanese-style room)

 The dining venue has a wine cellar↓

I'll show you our dinner.
■Soup with scallop, salmon and vegetables such as potatoes
The ingredients are all from Hokkaido!

■Cooked cod and Matsumae-zuke {herring roe with squid (soy sauce flavor)}
I love Matsumae-zuke. Put it on the hot rice and eat it with rice together!

Shiraae (vegetables with pasted seasoned tofu) and sashimi (salmon & octopus)
Shiraae is very healthy and recommendable. This is how to make it.
1. Cut vegetables and boil them.
2. Season 1 with sugar and soy sauce.
3. Boil tofu and drain it with paper towel.
4. Grind 3 into paste and mix it with 2.

■Chawanmushi (steamed custard with vegetables and meat) and pickles
 I love chawanmushi!!!!!

■Mushroom rice and crab miso soup
As we like them, we had a second helping!!!!!

The breakfast was Japanese dishes served in a typical buffet style like this ↓

We enjoyed Shiretoko!
The Okhotsk Sea from my room is soothing, isn't it?? How lucky I am!!!!

■Where is "Hotel Shiretoko (ホテル知床)"?

View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!