Follow This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Otaru Masa-zushi (Main Sushi Bar) (おたる政寿司本店)| Sushi Street (寿司屋通り)

Otaru has a long history as a thriving fishing port town. There are more than 100 large and small sushi bars in the city thanks to abundant fish and shellfish with many varieties at a low price.

There is even a street called Sushi Street because of the dozens of sushi restaurants lined up along the street. I went into one named Otaru Masa-zushi (おたる政寿司).


You can choose Japanese tatami rooms, table rooms,

or sushi counter seats.

I love a sushi counter seat!

 I enjoyed seeing fresh sashimi cases and sushi chefs making sushi just in front of me!

This is a sushi set I ordered today!

Let's learn some fish names in Japanese so that you can order your favorite sushi in Japanese!
I'll write down names in Japanese (English).

Hotate (Scallop)

Salmon (Salmon)

Ikura (Salmon Roe)

Tobikko (Flying Fish Roe)

Hamachi (Yellow Tail)

Amaebi (Sweet Shrimp)

Kuromaguro (Bluefin Tuna)

Tai (sea bream)

Yariika (Spear Squid)

Tsumire-jiru (Miso soup with minced fish)

I really enjoyed sushi!

■Where is Otaru Masa-zushi?

大きな地図で見る


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment