Follow This Blog

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Gousetsu Udon (豪雪うどん)| Potato Udon Noodles | Kucchan (倶知安)

Udon noodles are usually made of flour, but "Gousetsu Udon noodles (豪雪うどん)" are made of Irish Cobbler potato (男爵いも). Are you interested in the special noodles? Let's go to "Restaurant Baron (レストランバロン)" in Kucchan near Niseko!

Although I came here before their restaurant hours, they kindly served udon for me!! Thank you, the owner!!! It takes 10 minutes from JR Kucchan station to this restaurant!

These are the special potato noodles!

As I was very hungry, I ordered "Stamina Udon (スタミナうどん)", which has a lot of toppings!

Voila!!!
This is my favorite!

Toppings include prawn tempura, basil tempura, wakame seaweed, nameko mushrooms, kimchi, grated Japanese yam, egg, and so on! Perfect!!

The broth is non-fatty and clear like this! Of course, I drank it up! Hahaha!

Look at the potato noodles. They are translucent! I love the elastic and chewy noodles! Yummy x 2!!!

How huge the prawn tempura is!

On the 1st floor of Hotel Daiichi Kaikan (ホテル第一会館), we can buy a set of the noodles and soup. These are good for souvenirs!!

■Where are "Restaurant Baron (レストランバロン)"?

View Larger Map

■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?I'll guide you! Plz click here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment