Follow This Blog

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

65th SAPPORO SNOW FESTIVAL (さっぽろ雪まつり)

The 65th SAPPORO SNOW FESTIVAL (さっぽろ雪まつり) has just started today (Feb. 5th-11th), and I checked it for a tour from tomorrow.

There are several booths serving hot drinks and food free of charge! I'm sure my guests will love it!

I walked from 8 chome to 2 chome along Odori Park (大通公園), a main venue of the festival.

8 chome
■TOMB OF ITMAD-UD DAULA (India)
If you are interested in Indian food, please enjoy Indian food stalls in this block!

■Sultan Abdul Samad Building
As I love Malaysia, I tries Malaysian food, too!

Look at this booth↓

I love Mie goreng very much!

6 chome
■Hokkaido Winter Food Park
How attempting the food court is!

Among a lot of booths, I chose this Betsukai stall, because I've stayed Betsukai (別海) for one month as an interpreter.

Do you have any idea what kind of burger it is?

Voila!
This is ..............

Scallop Burger (別海ジャンボホタテバーガー)↓
How huge the scallop is! Yummy x 2!!!

5 chome
■Winter Sports Paradise, Hokkaido!
Winter Olympics in Sochi is around the corner. I hope Team Japan will get a lot of medals there!

4 chome
■Traditional and Modern Taiwan
I really love Taiwanese food, and looked for their food stalls, but there are NO food booths here!!! WHY???? Hahaha!

3 chome
■Shiroi Koibito Park Air Jump

I was so lucky to see athletes practicing snowboarding here!

Wow! Wow! Wow!

As I also snowboard, I really enjoyed it!

I'll be back at night!!

Look at the smoking space↓
It is also made of ice!! Interesting!!

2 chome
■Palace of the Heart

It is very cold these days (the highest temperature today is -4C......)
When you come to the festival, please wear a thick jacket!

p.s.
I'll go around several festivals throughout Hokkaido for the next four days with my tour guests, and update pics in each one. Please enjoy virtual festivals through my blog!)

■Where is Odori Park, a main venue of Sapporo Snow Festival?


View Larger Map

■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!