Follow This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Isseki Nicho (手作り いっせきにちょう)| Hakodate Morning Market (函館朝市)

I'm in Hakodate Morning Market (函館朝市)↓

This time we went to "Isseki Nicho (手作り いっせきにちょう)" in order to eat fresh seafood.

Look at the fresh scallops!

We can eat it raw or baked!!

One of my favorites is sea urchins!!

The owner breaks the shell on the spot. Wow! Wow! Wow!

How fresh they are!!! They taste very dense and rich!!!

How about oysters? Yummy x 2!!!

I also recommend whelks (つぶ) and Sakhalin surf clams (ホッキ), which are local shellfish! I love them!!!

Don't forget the local squids caught this morning!!

This seafood stand is in front of the famous squid fishing pond (活いか釣堀).

If you're interested in the general information on Hakodate Morning Market, please refer to my other post→

■Where is the "Hakodate Morning Market (函館朝市)"?
It is across from the JR Hakodate Station↓

View Larger Map

■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?I'll guide you! Plz click here!

4 Comments:

Audrey TLJ said...

I have been there last month! It was my first summer trip to Japan. Lots of fresh seafood there, I have tried squidink ice cream too for the first time and it tastes good!

Miss Hokkaido~~~

K.K. said...

>Audrey TLJ
Please come back to Japan to eat something delicious!!! I really love this fish market!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimi, is there any issue with eating seafood since the news of fukushima radioactive water leak?

K.K. said...

Hokkaido is far away from Fukushima. Don't worry about it!

Post a Comment