Follow This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ice Fishing (わかさぎ釣り)| Lake Akan (阿寒湖)

Hokkaido is very "hot" during the winter time! When you come to Akan National Park (阿寒国立公園), please try ice fishing on Lake Akan (阿寒湖)↓
The ice is so thick that we can drive a car on it!!!

As it is so clear to see Mt. Oakandake (雄阿寒岳) from the lake, I believe today is the perfect day to fish smelts!

Let's go to the fishing site!

You don't have to prepare for fishing at all. At the reception, you can borrow a fishing gears such as a rod and bait with a service ticket, with which a local chef will cook your smelts as tempura on the spot! Wow! Wow! Wow! We have to catch a lot of smelts! Hahaha!

A lot of people are enjoying fishing early in the morning! If you want to catch a lot of smelts, I recommend to come here early in the morning and before the sunset.

We chose this tent↓

You don't have to make holes on the ice! They are already made like this↓ How convenient it is! In addition to that, it is equipped with a heater!! How wonderful the service is!

Around 10 minutes after we started fishing,

Voila!
I love ice fishing!!!

 And I also love smelt tempura very much!! Yummy x 2!!

■Where is Lake Akan?


View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!

7 Comments:

jonesalbert said...

Thank you for sharing nice information, please keep continue the sharing of this types of information.

Alaska Fishing Lodge

K.K. said...

>jonesalbert,
Thanks! Please visit my blog anytime again!

SilverKingLodge alaskanfishing said...

Amazing! I really love fishing but I'm amazed on the way you catch fish there at Hokkaido. I will visit Hokkaido sometimes I will try to catch fish at that hole=) By the way, This fishing place is were I catch fish I think you should try it too some other day.

K.K. said...

>SilverKingLodge alaskanfishing
Smelt fishing is very fun! Come to Hokkaido some day!

W.J said...

Hi K.K, im about to go Hokkaido next month and i wonder if there will be any Ice Fishing activity still available anywhere in Hokkaido around 18th March. I just checked Lake shinotsu and 10th March is the last day for Ice Fishing T_T

K.K. said...

>W.J
Ice fishing is held usually from the end of Dec. to early Mar. Please check the real situation on the Internet before coming here!
Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Hi Kimi San:
My family 5persons would like to have 3days land your in Hokkaido, are you available 29-31dec? Can we do Ice Fishing on one of these days?
Thanks

Post a Comment