Follow This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Isezushi (伊勢鮨)| Sushi Bar | Otaru

Located near JR Otaru Station, "Isezushi (伊勢鮨)" serves very sophisticated sushi at reasonable prices. Let's enter it!

I always use seats at the bar, enjoying sushi and conversation with the chef.

First, I ordered "Hyakusai (百歳)", a sake brewed by Yoshikubo Brewing Co.(吉久保酒造) in Mito, near Tokyo. They have received a lot of awards at sake competitions.

*"Hyakusai (百歳)"
This famous sake brewery was damaged by March 11th disaster last year, when their sake had already been bottled but without labels. As it takes a lot of time to check which sake is in which category or brand, they decided to put all sake into one tank and re-bottle it. This is "Hyakusai (百歳)".

■Appetizer
Jellyfish with seasoned laver seaweed (left) and salted squid with its guts (right) really suit with sake! Yummy x 2!

Vinegared yam (up) and newly-harvested ginger (down) are perfect side dishes served between sushi!

I always order chef's choice or today's recommendation at this sushi bar. Are you worried about the price? Don't worry about it It's a little bit less than 6,000 yen! Wonderful, isn't it????

Well, well, well...............the sushi show will start very soon!" Hahaha!

■Matsukawa flounder (marinated with kelp seaweed)
Matsukawa flounder is a brand flounder. This sushi bar doesn't serve sashimi part as it is. They make some efforts before serving it. We can eat it without adding any seasoning! Wow! Wow! Wow!

■Soi or fox Jacopever (marinated with kelp seaweed)
 The chef added yuzu citrus juice and salt before serving it! Wonderful!

■Seasoned tuna
This tuna is slightly boiled and seasoned in a soy-sauce-based sauce. Tastes very professional!

■Chutoro
I love this midium fatty tuna, which made me very happy!

■Seasoned mackerel
Again, this mackerel is marinated in a soy-sauce based sauce. The fish is usually vinegered and served, but they don't use vinegar so that we can enjoy the fish taste itself!

■Botan ebi prawn
You don't have to remove the shell. What you have to do is just to eat it! Hahaha! I love this natural sweetness!

■Spear squid
We ate it with salt, which enhances the squid flavor!!!

■Mizogai shellfish
This is a very rare shellfish, which is very soft, and we don't need teeth!!!

■Surf clam
Hokkaido reminds a lot of people of this clam! We enjoyed the texture difference between Mizogai shellfish and this surf clam! Perfect!

■Mantis prawn
Otaru reminds us of this prawn. The city holds Mantis Prawn Festival every year. If you are interested in this festival, please refer to my another post→click here!

■Queen crab
We should eat the seasonable crab!! It's very tasty!

■Cooked oyster
This oyster produced in Akkeshi is like an art work! Very delicious!

We ordered "Dewazakura (出羽桜)", a dry sake. I think dry sake goes well with sushi!

■Icefish
As I ordered a dry sake, the chef made this sushi, which nicely fits with my sake.

■Salmon roe
I don't have to explain about it! It's very recommendable!

■Sea urchin
It's very fresh and we can distinguish each roe!!! Should I have another helping???

■Kelp seaweed
When we have this sushi, this is the sign that the chef's choice is about to finish!

■Egg
This is a small present from the chef!
Thank you!

■Prawn soup
The botanebi prawn has a lot of roe and we really enjoyed it!

As we wanted to eat more, we ordered a few extra sushi. Hahaha!

■Cod white roe
This is very seasonable, available only during the winter time! This very creamy roe is my favorite!

■Herring
Otaru reminds me of this fish. I love this delicious fish fat! We cannot leave this city without eating it!

We really enjoyed sushi at this comfortable sushi bar!

■Where is "Isezushi (伊勢鮨)"?

View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!