Follow This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Asari Main Restaurant (阿佐利本店)| Sukiyaki Restaurant | Hakodate

Hakodate (函館) may remind you of fresh seafood, but it has a wonderful sukiyaki restaurant, too. Take a street car, and get off the train at Horaicho (宝来町).

You will find "Asari Main Restaurant (阿佐利本店)", a traditional sukiyaki restaurant, founded in 1901, neat the station.

Let's enter it! Going through the corridor, looking at the Japanese garden,

I arrived at this private room! How Japanese it is! This building was originally constructed in Noheji (野辺地), Aomori Prefecture, as a summer villa, and reconstructed here in Hakodate in 1934.

As I love beef very much, I ordered a "Matsu (松コース)", the most expensive sukiyaki course with A5 ranked Japanese Black beef (黒毛和牛)! Sounds yummy x 2!!! Hahaha!

Are you ready?
You don't have to prepare for the dish. A restaurant staff will do everything.
Just for reference, they have an English menu! Perfect!

Voila!
This is A5 ranked beef, a highest rank of Wagyu beef!!!

How marble it is!

The lady put the ingredients on the pan like this, and

cooked it for a while. Smells very appetizing!!!

As I'm a carnivore (?!), I ate it rare! Yummy yummy in my tummy!!! The fat is very sweet!!!

You can choose rice or kishimen noodles (きしめん) for the set, and I ordered of course kishimen, because ..........

the noodles can absorb very delicious beef and vegetable juice like this!
Wow! Wow! Wow!

Last but not least, I enjoyed sherbet.

I had a perfect lunch today!

■Where is "Asari Main Restaurant (阿佐利本店)"?


View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!