Follow This Blog

Sunday, January 06, 2013

North Rainbow EXP (ノースレインボーEXP)| Joyful Train (ジョイフルトレイン)| JR Hokkaido

I luckily took "North Rainbow EXP (ノースレインボーEXP)", one of the "Joyful Trains (ジョイフルトレイン)" of JR Hokkaido from Kushiro to Sapporo.

Look at the express train!

This is a double-deck train!!!

Let's enter it!

As this is double-deck, the train cabins are higher than normal ones. It has bigger and wider windows at the level of our eyes. Addition to that, it has also small windows above these ones! Wow! Wow! Wow!
We can enjoy monitors in front us, too!! This train is like airplanes!!

I walked around the train.

What?!
Is there a lounge on the 1st floor????

They were enjoying videos, eating a lunch box!!!

I was so excited about the train.................
The peaceful scenery from the train window made us very relaxed at the same time!!

The train stayed at JR Shintoku Station (新得駅) for about 15 minutes.

I rushed to the soba noodle shop at the station, because this town is famous for its soba noodles.

If I had time, I would go to an authentic soba noodle restaurant................ but................

This sansai (or wild mountain vegetable) soba is only 370 yen!!

I really enjoyed the trip on the "North Rainbow (ノースレインボーEXP)" from Kushiro (釧路) to Sapporo (札幌).

■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?I'll guide you! Plz click here!