Follow This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tocotea (とこてぃ) | Scone Shop | Teine, Sapporo

I went to my favorite scone shop, "Tocotea" yesterday. I like this shop because they carefully select ingredients mainly from Hokkaido and the rest of Japan.

■Ingredients
  • Hokkaido flour
  • cultured butter
  • Fresh Hokkaido cream
  • Sugar with a lot of minerals
  • Baking powder free from aluminum & trans-fatty acid
  • Organic vegetables
Sounds perfect to me :)

It opens at 11:00 and I visited here at around 12:00, but half of the scone here were already sold out!!

I'll show you the scone I bought yesterday!

■Banana scone
They knead a lot of bananas into dough without any water!!!! You can enjoy rich banana taste :)

 ■Tomato & Basil Scone
They knead a lot of tomatoes into dough without any water!!!! I'd never eaten such a scone which tastes very tomato and basil!

■Plain Scone
They knead Hokkaido fresh milk into dough. One of the ingredient, yogurt, retains moisture in the scone. I really love it!

■Green tea & Chocolate chip Scone
If you like green tea, plz try it! Combination of green tea and chocolate is perfect to me!

■Tea Scone
They knead  selected Earl Grey and natural bergamot into dough.  It is full of rich tea flavor!!!

Unfortunately, "Cheese Scone" was sold out yesterday, but this is one of my favorite one♪

I always enjoy chatting with the owner and time goes by so quickly.
Look at the dishmat under the coffee! I have the same one that I bought in Avanos in Turkey!
Yesterday we enjoyed talking about Turkey!

I really recommend this scone shop!

■Where is Tocotea?

View Larger Map

■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment